COVID-19 Update #2
May 13, 2020
- Due to the pandemic, Kinetic Kids canceled spring programming for recreational and competitive divisions. Athletes were offering credits to use through June of 2021 for recreational programs and competitive programs were handled individually per sport.
- If you have questions about program fees, Contact Michelle Fuentes (email@example.com) for recreational or Jenna Malsbury for competitive (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Many families donated their fees back and we are so thankful for their generosity!
- We created virtual programming to provide activities and connections for our Kinetic Kids during social distancing. Check out our Stay Strong recreational programming series on www.kinetickidstx.org/stay-strong and our Facebook page. Competitive athletes are continuing virtual sport-specific workouts and cross training.
- To take the place of our elementary school outreach, we are creating Discovering Disabilities videos to provide education for our community.
- Because our fundraising efforts have been impacted, friends of Kinetic Kids can join our Facebook Stay Strong fundraising campaign to help us continue to serve the children who need us most.
- We are very hopeful that we will be able to return to in-person programming this summer as facilities re-open and state and CDC guidelines evolve.
- We are absolutely committed to making all programs as safe as possible by following all CDC and state guidelines.
- Realizing the financial toll this crisis has taken on our families, any summer programming will be provided at no cost to participants.
- Here are some of the adaptations we are considering to make summer programs possible:
- Parents may need to take the place of volunteers as we restart in-person programs
- Heavy emphasis on one-day activities
- Smaller class sizes
- Staggering registration
- Big Give day of online giving is rescheduled for Sept 10.
- Kinetic Kids EXPO is being rescheduled to fall. You’ll know the date as soon as we do!
- Hootenanny is currently scheduled for Sept 25.