Learn the fundamentals of baseball, including batting, fielding, and game play through skills, drills and scrimmages against local teams. Athletes will be part of a supportive team and receive uniforms and baseball gear. Program pricing is available below. Learn more about scholarships here.
Designed for athletes with physical and/or intellectual disabilities who follow directions in a group setting. There will be direct guidance from the baseball coach in order to progress their individual baseball skills, but no one-on-one volunteers.
- Athlete may have a physical or intellectual disability
- Successful tryout or recommendation by staff
- Possess the skill and desire to compete at a higher level
- Must be able to comprehend and retain rules and skills, and then build upon them from week to week
- 1:1 support is not provided, so must be able to train, compete, function in a group setting and follow the coach’s directions without volunteer assistance
- Athletes will train with the goal of participating in competitions in and/or out of San Antonio
- Athlete should have fair walking balance and be able to run
- Athlete should be cleared for minimal contact
- Athlete must have a desire to participate in a group setting
- Athlete must be able to understand the concepts of the sport and game play
- Must be able to independently hold and swing a bat
- Must be able to complete drills independently, along with passing accurately to a teammate
SA Premier Baseball FAQs
What are the physical requirements for participation?
Athletes must have fair balance and be able to walk independently without an assistive device.
What if my child isn’t cleared for contact?
Due to the nature of baseball game play when running bases, participants must be cleared for minimal contact.