Currently, there are no diagnosis restrictions or mobility limitations that eliminate a child from participation in our programs. There are certain classes that are more appropriate for some children based on level of mobility, diagnosis, and cognitive age-level. Our goal is to provide each child the best opportunity for success within the separate divisions set forth within programs. If there is a question on which division will maximize successful participation, the program director will determine the most appropriate division for that season. Although there are no diagnosis restrictions or mobility limitations that eliminate a child from participation in programs, there are requirements for participation:
- Participant must have the personal desire to perform the activities within each program
- Participant will not prevent the instructor from teaching
- Participant will not prevent other participants from learning or participating
- Participant must demonstrate a willingness to cooperate and function in a group setting and be able to follow directions
- Participant must pose no threat or danger to themselves or others before, during, or after participation in our activities
- Participant must be medically stable to participate in the desired activity and have clearance from their medical doctor for such participation (medical release submitted annually).
- Kinetic Kids reserves the right to remove any child from the program who does not meet the basic criteria. Appropriate placement into an alternate class will be attempted, but we must keep the safety of the group as a guiding priority. If one of the instructors must give an inordinate amount of time to a child who is not suitable for the program, that situation compromises the safety as well as the enjoyment of the group as a whole.