SA Xtreme AgilityFit
AgilityFit+ is our newest program featuring functional training and body movements for SA Xtreme athletes with any physical disability. Athletes will meet in an indoor/outdoor setting where coaches will offer training similar to Adapted CrossFit to increase speed, strength, agility, coordination, and endurance. Modifications will be applied to meet the needs of all levels of ability and mobility (i.e. seated, balance/coordination impairments). Learn more about scholarships here.
Focused training will include:
- Abdominal exercises
- Agility (ladders, ambulatory/wheelchair cone drills, resistance bands)
- Endurance (running, jump rope, burpees, ropes)
- Strength (dumbbell and barbell movements such as bench press, deadlifts, etc)
- Speed (parachute, acceleration bungee)
Appropriate for children who walk independently.
Appropriate for children who use an assistive device.
Appropriate for children who use a wheelchair.
- Appropriate for physical disabilities only
- Possess the skill and desire to train at a higher level
- Must be able to comprehend and retain rules and skills, and then build upon them from week to week
- 1:1 support is not provided, so must be able to train, compete, function in a group setting, and follow the coach’s directions without volunteer assistance
Tuesday/Thursday practices for 5 months
6-28 years old
Program fee based on practice schedule and uniform kit
- Participants should be able to ambulate independently, use an assistive device without assistance or demonstrate independent wheelchair agility, including self-propelling with good form and alignment
- Must independently adhere to coaches’ instructions and safety guidelines regarding weights
- Athletes should have an understanding of spatial awareness and be able to control their movements during all exercises